ibmonitor is an interactive linux console application which
shows bandwidth consumed and total data transferred on all interfaces.
Its main features are:
* Shows received, transmitted and total bandwidth of each interface
* Calculates and displays the combined value of all interfaces
* Displays total data transferred per interface in KB/MB/GB
* Values can be displayed in Kbits/sec(Kbps) and/or KBytes/sec(KBps)
* Can show maximum bandwidth consumed on each interface
* Can show average bandwidth consumption on each interface
* The output with all features (max, avg and display in Kbps and KBps)
easily fits on a 80x24 console or xterm
* Can interactively change its output display format depending
on key pressed by user.
Changes (from v0.3 to v1.0):
* Command line option "--dev regex" added.
So only interfaces which match the regex supplied will
* Command line option "--file proc" added.
This allows to specify a different /proc file, other
than the default, which is "/proc/net/dev"
* Added Term-Readkey Perl module in distribution.
* Average Data was incorrect, when interval was more than 1 second. Fixed.
* All output is written to a variable, instead of STDOUT.
* Reset(key r while in interactive mode) is now resetting elapsed time.
* Choice to move interface display up/down relative to other interface
* If Term-ReadKey Perl module is not found, then interactive mode is disabled
Download ibmonitor v1.0