How to connect a linux box with a win95 box or OS/2 box?

How to connect a linux box with a win95 box or OS/2 box?

Post by Shih-Jen Che » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

                Is there a way to connect a OS/2 box (or win95 box)
with a linux box through a serial port, like ppp.

Any advice will be appretiated.

P.S. If it's not much trouble, please mail the answer directly to me.

1. The best ways to connect a Win95 box to a Linux box ???????

After my spouse decided to enter the computing world, and buying a
better computer than mine, she mentioned that she'd like to network the
two together. Of course I'd like to. I'd love to gain access to the
larger hard and printer, etc. (Why a newbie like her gets a better
computer than me is puzzling, oh wel...)
  We have purchased two nice NE2000 compatible and installed them okay.
Cabling (thin) works fine, and Linux is setup with a ftp server and
accepts telnet. Great.
  My question is this:

  Isn't there more I can do? How can I get more out of this setup? (I
guess that's more than one question)

What is the best way to connect a linux box to a Win95 box? Ftp and
telnet are okay, but really only usefull if I'm actually using the Win95
box. I'd rather not use the Win95 box, I love Linux and find Win95 a
pain (No flames please, just my opinion).

  Have any of you connected two or more similiar computers together?

  I'd reall ylike some ideas from you networking gurus out there. Thanks
in advance to anyone who can assist me.

2. Latest version of Linux?

3. Connecting Win95 Box with HP-Unix Model 712 Box

4. screen handling functions for gcc

5. Can Ping Windows Box, But Windows Box Can't Ping Linux Box

6. Using all of memory (yes I RTFM)

7. Trying to get my Linux box to be a gateway for my Win95 box...need help

8. SCSI Driver Logging (Solaris 5.8)

9. can't setup tcp/ip between linux box and win95 box

10. Trying to network a Win95 box to a linux box

11. setting up win95 box as gateway for linux box

12. Networking Linux Box to Win95 Box using ethernet connection and Combo card

13. can't setup tcp/ip network between win95 box and linux box