3C90x 3c905 Module not found

Post by Frank Kran » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a boomerang 3c905 card that I've been trying to install in a
RedHat machine.  When I do a modprobe, it tells me that the module
doesn't exist.  All of the other 3Com ethenet modules are present.  I
even looked on my cdrom to see if I could find the module, but it
wasn't found there either.  Does anyone know what might be going on
with this?
\
\Thanks

Frank

Post by ThomasWal » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I have a boomerang 3c905 card that I've been trying to install in a
> RedHat machine.  When I do a modprobe, it tells me that the module
> doesn't exist.  All of the other 3Com ethenet modules are present.  I
> even looked on my cdrom to see if I could find the module, but it
> wasn't found there either.  Does anyone know what might be going on
> with this?
> \
> \Thanks

> Frank

I have also a 3Com 3c905B and SuSE Linux 6.0 ( Kernel 2.036 ). I had to
load the modul 3c59x. In the /etc/conf.modules i set the alias

alias eth0 3c59x.

With SuSE Linux 5.2 ( Kernel 2.0.32 ) this modul didn't work.

1. 3c905 w/ RH6.0=module loaded, probed, no card found

Well, I've got:
3c905b (if the b matters)
RedHat 6.0

I'm assuming that I installed the module for the new 3c90x drivers
correctly because i followed the instructions and read everything that
came with the driver, since if I use the command "dmesg | more" it says
that the module is loaded, but it won't recognize my card.  Now here's the
funny part, when I first installed the card and the module, it worked, i
was able to ping my windoze box, and it worked correctly.  I was also able
to telnet from my windoze box.  But when I rebooted, it won't work anymore.
It's really wierd that it'd work and then I restart and it won't work.

I hope that I've given you enough information.  If I haven't, please feel

help.

Thanks in advance,
Jorgen Johnson

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Can't begin RH installation

3. 1280x1024 8bpp/ 1024x768 16bpp -Steath 64 VRAM, MAG DX17F

4. Modules: Module net-pf-5 not found

5. Trap 14 on ODT3.0 on HP PentPro 200

6. unable to determine module loading: 3c90x instead 3c59x

7. Browsing winblowz network

8. 3c90x module

9. RH 7.1 and 3c90x network module - Where is it?

10. unable to determine module loading: 3c90x instead 3c59x

11. 3c90x Module on Mandrake 7.1

12. 3com 3c905 tx vs 3c905-CX-TX