Acer Travelmate 613txv

Post by Joe Soa » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:30:34

Hi,

i've come to a concolusion that the acer travelmate 610 series comes equip
with the Lucent LT 6.0 winmodem. I've tried the ltmodem 6.00b7 driver
and it works to the point where i can get responses to AT commands, but
it refuses to dial & you can't hear anything when it supposidly picks up the
line. This uses the Intel AC'97 chipset, as i beleive you need some special
AMR modem reiser driver, but what i don't see is i can get a response to
AT commands (by setting the memory regions focibly with the
Forced=11,0x2000,0x2400 parameter). I would be VERY VERY
appreciative if sumone could point me in the right direction to try get this
working.  :)

Kind Regards
Nigel Kukard

Acer Travelmate 613txv

Post by Dean Thompso » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:41:44

Hi!,

Quote:> i've come to a concolusion that the acer travelmate 610 series comes equip
> with the Lucent LT 6.0 winmodem. I've tried the ltmodem 6.00b7 driver
> and it works to the point where i can get responses to AT commands, but
> it refuses to dial & you can't hear anything when it supposidly picks up
> the line. This uses the Intel AC'97 chipset, as i beleive you need some
> special AMR modem reiser driver, but what i don't see is i can get a
> response to AT commands (by setting the memory regions focibly with the
> Forced=11,0x2000,0x2400 parameter). I would be VERY VERY
> appreciative if sumone could point me in the right direction to try get
> this working.  :)

Is your machine trying to detect the dial-tone before dialing.  You might be
able to change one of the AT registers to stop this behaviour.  I am not sure,
but it might be the X1 register, but you will have to check the HAYTES AT
spec's to find out which one it is.

If you can stop it from trying to find a dial tone you might be in luck,
although I can't confirm this, although it is wierd that you do get responses
to the AT command.

However, you have to know that WinModems and Linux don't always get on, not
even the LT Winmodem drivers work for all releases of the modem.

See ya

Dean Thompson