Routing to dialinserver without subnets

Post by Marcus Fau » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a 1.2.13 dialin-box set up on an ether-lan which is connected via
a router to the internet.
Currently I have a 32-subnet with the 1.2.13 server and have told every
machine on the lan to use this server as a gateway for the subnet in
order to reach the dialup-users from within my local network.
Now my question: Is it possible to leave out the subnet stuff with
a 2.0.X kernel? Would the 2.0 box respond to a packet sent to a
dialup host without any of the gateway stuff? This would improve
the flexibility greatly.
I don't want to use IP masquerading, for it is experimental and said to
cause problems with some services e.g. irc.

Please help if you know anything about my problem

Doc Holiday

| MS-DOS: Malformed System - (D)elete (O)verwrite (S)cream |