Automount timeout and retry variable

Post by John P. William » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to set up AMD to timeout when the server that it is trying
to automount directories from is down. Currently, the timeout is what
ever the default value is. When the server is down, it causes a serious
delay in the login process. I have checked the doc file that came with
AMD and there was only mention to the "-t" option. What I need is to
find what the apropriate timeout:retry value should be and what the
format of the command should be. Any help would be appreciated.

John Williams

1. rexec() timeout/retries

Hi,

I am using rexec() from an unix machine (hp-ux) to serveral machines
out of a rather large list. Many of them cause a timeout so my program
runs very long. How can I reduce the timeout period rexec() waits for
response and/or the number of retries?

Thanks, Klaus Mochalski.

2. D945 & Linux

3. Disk errors, setting retry and timeout.

4. TFT Active Matrix on NEC 6030H Laptop

5. rexec() timeout/retries

6. IPTables - Lost Link - Online BUILDER Wizard/Script..

7. qfull-retries/qfull-retry-interval in Sol 2.5.1 and Sol 2.6

8. Epson Perfection 1650 USB Scanner

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Automount timeout?

11. Setting variables in a variable array of null variables

12. XDM configuration File TimeOut variable

13. Timeout Variable in BASH