Modem to modem communication

Post by K.A. Steensm » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know a quick and dirty way to setup a modem to modem
communications link when you don't own two phone lines?  I now a null
modem serial cable will work, but many times that isn't quite enough.

TIA - Keith

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Does anyone know a quick and dirty way to setup a modem to modem
>communications link when you don't own two phone lines?  I now a null
>modem serial cable will work, but many times that isn't quite enough.

>TIA - Keith

plip on parallel ports works faster than any modem.

David Efflandt/Elgin, IL USA

Post by Vasilij Palyo » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know a quick and dirty way to setup a modem to modem
> communications link when you don't own two phone lines?  I now a null
> modem serial cable will work, but many times that isn't quite enough.

Check the documentation of your modems about opportunity to operate your
modems in leasd-line mode. I'm not sure, that this sing works even with
two ordinary wires (without any special power supply) but you can try
it.
Just turn your modems to leasd-line mode, set up one of them to
originate
mode and the second one - to answer mode (see modem's documentation).
Now
start any terminal program on both computers. When modems receive
TR-signal
from terminal programs they'll try to connect.

Good luck