Best Mailer and Newsreader

Post by Duane Inou » Sat, 26 Aug 1995 04:00:00

        I am wondering what is the best E-mail and Newsreader program for
Linux (for X-Windows).  I have a standard dial access with slip.
Thanks for any help.

Duane Inouye

Best Mailer and Newsreader

Post by William E. Powe » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00

:       I am wondering what is the best E-mail and Newsreader program for
: Linux (for X-Windows).  I have a standard dial access with slip.
: Thanks for any help.

: Duane Inouye

I don't have the perfect answer for you.  You probably need to build popclient
to retrieve your mail from your service provider.  And be advised that the
distribution of popclient included in slackware does NOT build correctly "out
of the box."  Then you can use any of the standard mail readers like elm,
pine, etc.

As for newsreaders, it's a personal preference thing.  I (personally) can't
get by without tin.  But it's slower than molassess across a serial link.
I'd just try them all if I were you.  Oh, and don't forget to try using
Netscape.  It might just be what you're looking for.