Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by Niall Parke » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Anyone have (or working on) drivers for the DFE-530TX ethernet card ?

I've sent in a request via DLink technical support, let's see if they
live up to support for "today's most popular operating systems" ! ;)

                                        ... Niall

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by Gregg Freema » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I believe the driver you are looking for is at the following location:

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ethercard.html

It uses the via-rhine chipset, which has a generic driver for it.
RedHat 6.0 has module support for it out of the box (via-rhine.o).

Works fine in my system.

>Anyone have (or working on) drivers for the DFE-530TX ethernet card ?

>I've sent in a request via DLink technical support, let's see if they
>live up to support for "today's most popular operating systems" ! ;)

> ... Niall

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by John L » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone have (or working on) drivers for the DFE-530TX ethernet card ?

>I've sent in a request via DLink technical support, let's see if they
>live up to support for "today's most popular operating systems" ! ;)

>                         ... Niall

Hi ,

I use the same card on my redhat 6.0 and it works fine check
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/via-rhine.html

If you are looking for Dlink linux support check www.dlink.de

i hope it works 4u

NEVER GIVE UP ON LINUX, THE MORE YOU USE IT, THE MORE YOU LOVE IT !!!

John form belgium / europe

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by r.. » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I believe the driver you are looking for is at the following location:

> http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ethercard.html

> It uses the via-rhine chipset, which has a generic driver for it.
> RedHat 6.0 has module support for it out of the box (via-rhine.o).

> Works fine in my system.

    I've installed RedHat 6.0 and don't see via-rhine in the drop-down
selection list. Did I need to do something additional, or should it be
there?

thanks,
Ron

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by John Porsle » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I had that same card and never had any luck with Linux  seeing it
correctly, popped in another NIC and it came up fine.  Never did figure
it out.

> > I believe the driver you are looking for is at the following location:

> > http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ethercard.html

> > It uses the via-rhine chipset, which has a generic driver for it.
> > RedHat 6.0 has module support for it out of the box (via-rhine.o).

> > Works fine in my system.

>     I've installed RedHat 6.0 and don't see via-rhine in the drop-down
> selection list. Did I need to do something additional, or should it be
> there?

> thanks,
> Ron

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by Hans J?rgens » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I had that same card and never had any luck with Linux  seeing it
>correctly, popped in another NIC and it came up fine.  Never did figure
>it out.

I have it running very well in 2 linux-PC's.

--
Hans J?rgensen - Boris - #Linux.dk & #Danmark on the Undernet
Homepage -> http://boris.n3.net

Drivers for D-Link DFE-530TX ?

Post by William Gallafen » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I have it running very well in 2 linux-PC's.

So do I - no problems at all in ASUS P5-A or ABIT BP6 systems
... couldn't get it to work properly in an old 486 mind, but it only
had PCI 1.0 .....

So, on balance, D-Link DFE530TX is, in my experience, a decent card
for modern machines. It's fast, and I had no config problems - just stick an
"alias eth0 via-rhine" in your /etc/conf.modules" (Under SuSE anyway...)

HTH,

--
Bill Gallafent.