Socks.conf with two socks servers?

Post by Bernd Nie » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 22:34:22

Hi,

We have a setup with Linux hosts on two locations and use dante socks
1.19 to connect to the internet for protocols other than HTTP and FTP.
The following socks.conf route is working:

route {
  from: 0.0.0.0/0
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  10.0.0.16 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

Quote:}

What I would like to have is a socks.conf that configures the socks
client to use the nearest socks server, depending on the network. I
tried this without luck:

route {
  from: 192.168.1.0/24
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  10.0.0.16 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

Quote:}

route {
  from: 192.168.94.0/24
  to:   0.0.0.0/0
  via:  192.168.94.18 port = 1080
  protocol:      tcp udp
  proxyprotocol: socks_v4
  method:        none

Quote:}

The error debug output says:

Dec  4 14:32:28 adnws001 ftp: Rconnect(): unsupported address family
'10', fallback to system connect()

I did not find such an example in the dante socks distribution or with
Google.

Thanks in advance for help

Regards,
Bernd

1. configuring 'Socks' / socks.conf ?

Hi,

I've been trying to install socks on my linux 1.2.8 box and followed the
instructions from the "Firewalling & Proxy HOWTO" (D. Rudder).

I'm not sure about the format of the 'socks.conf' file though. What should
I put in this file? and where should this file be located? in the same
directory as sockd and sockd.conf?

If I try to do without the socks.conf file, the problem I am experiencing
is that no "information" ever gets back to the machine behind the firewall
('tcpdump' shows the firewall does a good job in forwarding information to
the 'outside world', but not the other way round..).

Any clues? or can somebody refer me to a manual or help file?

Thanks a lot,

--

   * If you took all the economists and laid them head to toe, they  *
   * would stretch around the world three times and the only thing   *

2. Solaris 5.6, syslog and pthreads

3. Available: Perl-5+SOCKS, mirror.pl+PASV+SOCKS, more perl5 fixes.

4. .profile not read in sh bourne

5. difference between sock->sport and sock->num

6. help with ethernet card (D-link 220pct)

7. Hummingbird socks to Ubuntu Socks

8. Anybody using Netgear phoneline adapter with linux?

9. Equivalent of /etc/socks.conf for PCs

10. Proxy socks.conf location??

11. Netscape proxy server with SOCKS server

12. socks server for SUNOS 4.1.3

13. Announce: SOCKS firewall server