Dose yum support socks proxy ?

Post by li.. » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:37:25

Greetings!

I use yum to manage my software packages .

I know that yum supports using a http proxy to connect to a repository
.

howerver, I have only a socks4/5 proxy .Can i use it with yum ?

thanks in advance.

Dose yum support socks proxy ?

Post by Michael Heimin » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 03:57:38

Quote:> Greetings!
> I use yum to manage my software packages .
> I know that yum supports using a http proxy to connect to a repository
> .
> howerver, I have only a socks4/5 proxy .Can i use it with yum ?

Sure, simply 'export http_proxy="http://your.proxy.tld:8080"'
(adjust to your needs) before firing up yum.

Good luck

BTW
Please read this before posting anything else:

        http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google

#bofh excuse 327: The POP server is out of Coke