Problem when connecting w98 with Linux (Samba)

Problem when connecting w98 with Linux (Samba)

Post by Peter Kjellgre » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I have a problem when I want to connect windows98
to Linux using Samba. The problem is that I can see
all directories (the highest structure), but when
I want to open a directory Samba can't see what's in it.
When I used w95 it worked perfectly well.

Anyone who knows what the problem is?

Regards,

Peter

1. Connect to SAMBA in NT Domain < w98 requests password

I have configured Linux SAMBA to be a member of a domain where I have a
Windows NT Domain server on the LAN.  For testing purposes, I have shared
/tmp as available to all.  When I try to connect to SAMBA from a Windows 98
machine that is logged on to the same NT Domain, it asks me for a password.

Any way to get SAMBA to trust the NT Domain?

2. bad idea

3. telnet from w98->Linux ok, but can't telnet Linux->w98

4. Choosing the right programming language

5. Slow network Speed

6. W98 can ping Linux; Linux can't ping W98??

7. reference count for ipc semaphores

8. Samba w98 Passwd problem

9. Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)

10. Connect W98 ICQ client to Linux server

11. samba : low speed from linux box to w98

12. connecting w98 to linux server