How to (can I?) get Linux Mail & News to use NT Proxy Server?

How to (can I?) get Linux Mail & News to use NT Proxy Server?

Post by Joe Befum » Wed, 21 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Okay, I'm a complete novice at LINUX, so maybe I/m trying to run before I
can walk, but here goes:

I have a small network with NT server running proxy server & hooked up to an
ISDN line.  I just set up a LINUX box, have it networked to the NT domain,
and set up Netscape (linux) to use the proxy server.  That works just fine.
Now, I'd like to get my mail and news working as well, and I can't quite
find anywhere to point them toward my server.  (BTW, I'm using the KDE
windows package on LINUX, if that makes any difference.)

My aim is to eventually get a sufficient handle on LINUX to dump NT and make
the LINUX box my proxy/server and primary domain controller, but I have a
feeling that this may be a little ways in the future.

Thanks.

joe

How to (can I?) get Linux Mail & News to use NT Proxy Server?

Post by Matthew E. Pearso » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

let me know if you get anywhere with this. I posted the same problem a week
ago.. no response.