NIS setup on Redhat 5.1

Post by Tony Harri » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Ok, I have several computers all running redhat 5.1.  I am trying to set up
NIS on the systems to share a password file.  I have the bind clients
running properly, BUT, the server won't serve anyone.

I have (I thought) gone thru and set everyones domainname for NIS, and have
set up the config files.  I just don't see the problem.  Debugging reveals
that the server is saying "such and such domain" or the ip address of the
computer, is not served by the master server.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Anyone that has NIS up and running,
please email me.

-Tony
ps - remove the .nospam to email me.