looking for ip network monitoring tools?

looking for ip network monitoring tools?

Post by somez7 » Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:52:34

Hello.
    I'm looking for IP network monitoring tools.
    I prefer just console interface or Client/Sever environment. ( don't
want  web inteface ).
    I found iptraf, it's good.
    And I'm looking another kind of ip network monitoring tools.
    Does anyone give information about another IP network monitoring tools
smillar to iptraf?.

Have a day.

Post by Cameron Ker » Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:22:58

> I'm looking for IP network monitoring tools.

Want artifacts do you want to monitor?

Quote:> Does anyone give information about another IP network monitoring tools
> smillar to iptraf?.

Well, there is ntop, which can be run both as a Web app, or
client/server. It will give you a very rich picture of what is going on
in your network (the Web side of it is really quite impressive if you
like lots of graphs etc.)

You might try heading over to www.debian.org and having a look at the
various tools available under the Network section of Debian Unstable.
Even if you don't use Debian (and every Linux net-admin ought to, there
is some really useful utilities there), it makes a good software
directory. (esp if you can 'apt-cache search ...' on someones Debian
machine).

--
Cameron Kerr

Empowered by Perl!

looking for ip network monitoring tools?

Post by Judy » Thu, 10 Jun 2004 04:22:35

Hello,

Quote:>Hello.
>    I'm looking for IP network monitoring tools.

What about IP Check or IPTools both are very good -
http://www.monitoring-software.net/network-monitoring-software.htm

Judy

Post by Dav » Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:10:52

> I'm looking for IP network monitoring tools.
> I prefer just console interface or Client/Sever environment. ( don't
> want  web inteface ).
> I found iptraf, it's good.
> And I'm looking another kind of ip network monitoring tools.
> Does anyone give information about another IP network monitoring tools
> smillar to iptraf?.

... so you should check this tool http://www.adremsoft.com/netcrunch/index.php

mike

looking for ip network monitoring tools?

Post by Raqueeb Hass » Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:09:22

ethereal ..... better! tcpdump, made with libpcap - dumps traffic on a network.

http://www.ethereal.com/docs/man-pages/tcpdump.8.html

raqueeb hassan
http://man-machine.blogspot.com/