Attempting to read mail while...

Post by LAURENT FRIGAU » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

TN>  When I try to use elm in linux (1.3.21)  I usually get the error:
  >attempting to read mail while mail is being received.  This is not normal
  >for my machine.  Is it the kernel or have I done something else wrong?

Check the access rights of /var/spool/mail and elm
/var/spool/mail should be owned by root.mail with drwxrwxr-x
and elm should be owned by root.mail with rwxr-sr-x

regards

Lolo

 * 1st 2.00 #8107 * Hi, I'm from the government.  I'm here to help you.

1. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data
and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete
those mails after reading and loading it.

Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big

Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell
script ?

2. Host model number

3. Is there a mail program that can read mail (as root) from /var/spool/mail/xxx?

4. Sun's HotJava Browser on Linux

5. Press Ctrl-D whiling inputting

6. Y2K on a SP2

7. the mails in /var/mail can be read by groups!

8. lost admin password

9. Mail problem because a perl script reads /var/spool/mail/login?

10. Mail - letting users read others mail

11. in.pop3d and macintoshes - save mail on server doesn't flag the mail as read

12. Apache - Attempt hack attempt?

13. Shared Mail Spool - Reading mail to root.