I have a bit of a problem with sendmail. Here are the relevant facts :
- I have a static IP (220.127.116.11)
- Users can send mail to anyone anywhere from this host.
- Users can receive mail from people who are logged on to this host.
- No one can send mail *to* this machine *from elsewhere* -
- they get a email from their local sendmail saying
"cannot send message for 4 hours...connection refused...etc"
- No one can do : "telnet 18.104.22.168 25"
(it just says "Unable to connect to remote host : connection refused")
- Anyone can do " telnet 22.214.171.124 23"
(just the normal telnet prompt; no problem connecting)
Can someone please tell me what configuration file I need to edit to
make sendmail accept mail from outside of this host? Oh, you may be
wondering how I got in this mess. It's from trying to manually upgrade
from an old redhat distribution to redhat 5.1 by installing all the
new rpm's ... bad idea perhaps..(?) ..actually it's gone alright
except for this mail problem.
Eugene J. Koontz