FTP Connect, wait for welcome, then nothing on Red Hat 5.1?

FTP Connect, wait for welcome, then nothing on Red Hat 5.1?

Post by Mike Mun » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

 On a fresh install of Red Hat 5.1 from a WinTendo system I try to ftp
in to the Linux box & it connects, "Socket Connected, waiting for
Welcome Message" but that's it, naddah, it wont go any further. Am I
missing something here? Like where's the welcome.msg at? According to
what I've read this file can be edited to reflect messages for your
server but I'll be hanged if I can find the thing!! :-(

          *** Mike Muncy ***
      http://www.FLSuncoast.com/
   History for Today, Internet Help,
     FREE Classifieds, Postcards,
Local Church Listings, Missing Kids Pictures
Fishing Reports, Weather, Local Info/Events

FTP Connect, wait for welcome, then nothing on Red Hat 5.1?

Post by Adam » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

look in /home/ftp

--Adam
--

Quality domain hosting from $10/month
http://www.virtual-estate.net

: On a fresh install of Red Hat 5.1 from a WinTendo system I try to ftp
:in to the Linux box & it connects, "Socket Connected, waiting for
:Welcome Message" but that's it, naddah, it wont go any further. Am I
:missing something here? Like where's the welcome.msg at? According to
:what I've read this file can be edited to reflect messages for your
:server but I'll be hanged if I can find the thing!! :-(

FTP Connect, wait for welcome, then nothing on Red Hat 5.1?

Post by Jeffre » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

/home/ftp/ is where welcome.msg is located, but i guess that's not the
problem. If there is no welcome message, the FTP session shud just continue.
Check the settings in your windows-FTP-client. It could be you have a wrong
transfer-mode or something else.

Greetz,
jeffrey

>look in /home/ftp

>--Adam
>--

>Quality domain hosting from $10/month
>http://www.virtual-estate.net

>: On a fresh install of Red Hat 5.1 from a WinTendo system I try to ftp
>:in to the Linux box & it connects, "Socket Connected, waiting for
>:Welcome Message" but that's it, naddah, it wont go any further. Am I
>:missing something here? Like where's the welcome.msg at? According to
>:what I've read this file can be edited to reflect messages for your
>:server but I'll be hanged if I can find the thing!! :-(

1. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1

Hello everybody - what a beautiful day it is! Let's not get to funked
up, and get yourself a nice little pink flower to put in a orange vase.
Then grab yourself a slice and sit down and enjoy yourself. It can be
done in lot's of different ways -- just go ahead and do it under the
green sun.

Well... Nevermind.

I'm planning to buy Red Hat 5.1 official to replace my Red Hat 5.0 with.
But before I do that I wonder if there are any disadvantages, hazards or
such with RH 5.1, compared to RH 5.0. Is the installation as safe (don't
forget LILO), and things such as X, sound-support, printers and ppp -
are they still well supported, and not buggy or so?

Thanks in advance,

/Henrik

By the way, don't let the opening of this letter make you think that I'm
not serious enough.

2. Dynamic File System

3. Can't Ping Outside ISP Connect Point (Red Hat 5.1)

4. Ultrasound driver with 2.1.1xx?

5. Help! ftp problem with Red hat 5.1

6. Application Link Icon

7. Configuring FTP in Red Hat Linux 5.1

8. FAQ/Howto for putting Linux box in Sun network?

9. Red Hat 5.1 nad FTP problems

10. Red Hot Red Hat 5.1 Bundles

11. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

12. WebExplorer connects... nothing but wait.

13. ftp: connect: Connection refused (Red Hat 7.1)