Network LAN file transfers time out.

Post by ka.. » Sun, 12 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Greetings.
I have a Slackware 2.0.35 server running Samba, FTP, Masqing (cable
modem) and Web server all successfully.  However during a sustained
file transfer the LAN network seems to time out.  Win98 reports "the
network resource is nolonger available"  and during a FTP session the
transfer just halts.  This generally occures after 1 minute of file
transfer.

I just noticed this problem (coincided with a P120 to P200 cpu
upgrade).  Is there a switch or parameter that may solve this?
Hardware issue?

Befor I attack this problem I would appreciate any ideas and
suggestions.  Thank you in advance.