Idle time for Novell sessions in DOS box

Idle time for Novell sessions in DOS box

Post by Falk Ronneberg » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello,
when I login in our Novell server in a DOS box (xdos) an I don't do anything for
about 10 or 15 minutes the server close the connection and I have to relogin (It
doesn't happen if I have e.g. the Pegasus mail program open, which is running
from the server and is polling every 1 or 2 minutes).
But does anybody know how to change these strange behaviour of the DOS box ?

Thank you
Falk

                 Falk Ronneberger
          Friedrich-Schiller-Universitaet Jena

1. AIX 4.3 idle time: is 4% idle time acceptable?

I'm running a system primarily running batch jobs.
Since a couple of days we're running substantially
more jobs on the system. As a consequence, sar reports
on occasions about 4% idle time over multiple 5-minute
intervals.

Are these "acceptable" idle time numbers for an AIX
system, or does this indicate we should reduce
the system's load or upgrade the machine?

What "rules of thumb" exist?

Thanks, Mark

2. Kernel IP Accounting

3. SESSION idle time

4. binhqx for unix (Solaris)?

5. auto logout session idle time

6. Can Diamond Stealth 64 work?

7. Problem with RedHat 5.1 network sessions timing out if idle(?)

8. Problem with Ethernet card Accton EN 1207 PCI

9. Telnet session times out after 2-3 minutes of idle..

10. Detecting idle time on a telnet session

11. telnet session terminates after a certain time idle

12. Is Kernel Idle time really idle?

13. dos sessions as terminal sessions on network