RARP and Xkernel under linux?

Post by Bil » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have been trying to get Xkernel installed on my linux box.
Xkernel is a package that will (allegedly) boot a diskless
sun 3/50 or 3/60 as an Xterminal to a host machine, in this
case, my DX4/100.

I'm having some trouble getting rarp to work properly, I've
compiled the rarp code into a 1.2.13 kernel , yet there is
no /proc/net/rarp and when I do:
/sbin/rarp -s xhost 08:0:20:1:72:1D
all I get for a response is:
SIOCSRARP: Invalid argument

Can someone point me to some documentation on rarp, specificially
what it requires compiled into the kernel, real world tales
re: rarp and/or Xkernel would also be very much appreciated.
I'll summarise if there's any requests.

        Bill

1. RARP RARP RARP RARP

Whever wrote the Net-Bootings howto missed a simple paragraph.

If your kernal doesnt have RARP support how do you add it ?????????

I've looked high and low for three days for a RARP module and some
instructions for non-unix Gurus'

All I want to do is add RARP support to my RedHat 5.2 System so I can
boot my sun :-)

Any ideas.

Please mail me

2. CYREX 333 Processor and GNOMW

3. RARP trouble - Sun3 Xkernel

4. NSS on ancient Solaris

5. my bootpd is arping on my carpet(rarp,rarp)!?

6. Driver for Compaq Etherflex EISA?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. capture videomode settings from Windows?

9. linux-Xkernel broadcast problem

10. Linux-Xkernel Sun3/60

11. Booting a Sun3/60 (Xkernel) from a Linux server

12. Linux Xkernel booting sun 3/60

13. Xkernel for SUN ELC ( sun4c ) booting from Linux