no dhcp offer

Post by Tamas Anta » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
    what could be the problem if I get this message: no dhcp offer?

    Tamas

1. server DHCPD ISC Linux and broadcast DHCP OFFER and ACK

Hi,
I'm a little news with Linux and DHCPD ISC server.
I set a test network with 1 DHCP client ,1 DHCP server ISC et 1 hub.
My STB boot and has an IP address and DHCP options. But I'm a little
suprise to see on Ethereal capture that DHCP ISC server send DHCP Offer
and DHCP Ack by unicast and not by broadcast (255.255.255.255).

There is any DHCP option to set for have brodcast answer from DHCP ISC
server?
Thanks
David

2. using a Next monitor with PC/Linux

3. Insert a client class identifier into DHCP offer?

4. Linux and Virtual If's

5. dhcp client not receiving offer from server

6. Linux install on a X386?

7. dhclient doesn't respond to DHCP OFFER

8. undefined symbol _malloc_rmutex

9. get no dhcp offers

10. FreeSCO DHCP offer problem

11. Router with DHCP server that offers static (permanent) leases

12. How Can I Reject Offers from Unwanted DHCP Servers?

13. DHCP offer from Win98 fails