Sendmail vs. MS-Exchange

Post by Oliver Kroene » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hallo!

we intend to use linux as firewall and mail server. we have a dial up
network and we want sendmail to check within defined step for new mail and
deliver this mail to specific pop3 account on this linux machine where the
local client can fetch this new mail.

is sendmail able to do that and if true, how? with ms-exchange this works,
but we would prefer linux!

oliver

Sendmail vs. MS-Exchange

Post by Leopold Toetsc » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hallo Oliver,

>Hallo!

>we intend to use linux as firewall and mail server. we have a dial up
>network and we want sendmail to check within defined step for new mail and
>deliver this mail to specific pop3 account on this linux machine where the
>local client can fetch this new mail.

>is sendmail able to do that and if true, how? with ms-exchange this works,
>but we would prefer linux!

You may have a look at
http://www.toetsch.at/de/tips/linux/99/16.htm
(in German)
There is a detailed discription of mail delivery with linux and dial-up
connection with sendmail / procmail / fetchmail.

Hope this helps
leo

1. Using Sendmail to e-mail MS-Exchange

Here is what I want to do......
I have an RS/6000 Aix4 running sendmail and am trying to get it to e-mail

the message will be delivered. I have the Exchange Box locked down so that
it can not be used as a relay. When I try to send an e-mail with another

turn up logging on exchange I get a 550 relaying message displayed. Does
anyone else have this setup and working internally? Thanks, Anthony

2. Adaptec 19160 controller under Linux?

3. URGENT! Linux vs MS-Exchange as email server

4. World's Fastest Video Card now on the World's Fastest PC

5. Q: sendmail and MS exchange

6. IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER THAN GDB?

7. sendmail on Solaris 8 brings down MS Exchange servers - is this possible?

8. defragment of packet socket

9. How do i confure Unix sendmail via MS exchange

10. Sendmail as gateway to MS Exchange Server ?

11. Sendmail dials up ISP on request of MS Exchange

12. How to connect sendmail with MS Exchange?

13. Linux Based vs. MS Exchange