Samba +Win95 probs

Post by Borghol » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hallo,

ich habe hier ein gro?es Problem mit dem Datentransfer: PC --> Linux : in
Sekunden, Linux --> PC in Minuten ! Ich habe Linux 6.1 (Suse) und auf dem
anderen Rechner Win95 C. Per FTP klappt es Prima in beiden Richtungen.

I have a great Problem with Datatransfer between Linux and Win 95. In the
direction Win 95 -> Linux = fast. The other direction is very slow (2MB = two
Minutes) FTP is running fast in both directions, any help ? Linux is installed
with new kernel and lastest version of Samba

Many thanks for your help
ber eine kurze Mail wrde ich mich sehr freuen

Tschau     Reiner

Samba +Win95 probs

Post by Andrew William » Tue, 06 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Look at Speed.txt and Speed2.txt in /usr/doc/packages/samba
You say you have the newest versions of the kernel and of samba, SuSE 6.1 comes
with 2.2.5 and 2.0.3 respectively.  The current levels are 2.2.10 and 2.0.4b.  The
only problem I know about with the SuSE levels is that smbmount does not work.

--
Mielipiteet omiani - Opinions personal, facts suspect, especially on my
        http://www.germanynet.de/teilnehmer/101/69082/samba.html

1. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

Howdy
This may be a win95 question
I have 2 win95 boxes logging into a samba "domain" and running login
scripts
I have the two machines both running login scripts and mapping drives
on the samba server no problem at all
but when u add shares that are on other win95 machines it always
prompts me for a password no matter how many times i log into them
it is driving me nuts
i have already deleted the password files on both 95 machines and
tryied it over it still prompts me for a password but only on the
win95 shares the ones on the samba server go thru no problem and no
prompting
if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help
Jeff

2. how do I redirect ~username to another server?

3. Print prob using SaMBa from Win95

4. security problem in smail 3.1.28

5. samba/slackware win95 to linux login probs

6. Chicago Consulting -- Sr. UNIX/NT System Engineer

7. SaMBa: Probs printing to Win95 printer

8. Having problems untarring XF86-3.1

9. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

10. Loadlin and Win95 90000 prob

11. transfering files between Linux/Win95 prob

12. LILO/2x Win95 prob

13. (DESPRATE) New guy on the block havin' probs with Lininst.exe and Win95