how to make chat redial when the line is busy

how to make chat redial when the line is busy

Post by Tsai Wai P » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I had read the man page about chat, but I can't find any method to
make it redial repeatly when the line is BUSY.
I also want it be able to redial different phone no. one by one when the
line get busy. Can anyone help me?
Xavier

how to make chat redial when the line is busy

Post by Jimmie Farm » Wed, 21 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>    I had read the man page about chat, but I can't find any method to
>make it redial repeatly when the line is BUSY.
>I also want it be able to redial different phone no. one by one when the
>line get busy. Can anyone help me?

        Here is what I use as my "ppp-on" script:

#!/bin/sh
#
#do until it succeeds
while ! /usr/sbin/chat -t120 -f /etc/ppp/chat-script
do
        /usr/bin/sleep 8
done
echo Connected! 1>&2

        This redials forever untill connection.  I can't help you on
the multiple numbers though, sorry.

        I start ppp by invoking "pppd" as root, by the way.

        Sincerely,
        Jimmie Farmer

--
     Jimmie Farmer       | It is by the fortune of God that, in this country,
    Guitar For Hire      | we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom

http://www.malchick.com/ |                 -- Mark Twain

1. Redial on BUSY w/ chat

I run pppd from a bash script file, but it will only dial once, then
exit if it does not gain a connecton.  I would like to get pppd/chat to
redial until a connection is made.

In the chat man pages mention is made of termination codes, one of which
could be used to tell the shell that chat exited on a BUSY signal.
Trouble is, I don't know what to do with this information as far as bash
code goes.  Can anyone help ?   Thanks.

Terry

2. The tcsh shell

3. Q) pppd + chat redialing when BUSY, how?

4. Advanced Print & File Server co-existing with NT Servers ?

5. how to make a dial script that actually redials when the line is busy?

6. What is MD?

7. gnu/linux won't redial if the line was busy (Redhat 8.0)

8. automatic IP address assignment?

9. row to set up auto-redial if busy in Debian, i use pon command line.

10. Dip: BUSY signal ==> redial loop???

11. Busy number, redialing PPP

12. Setting up DIP to redial on busy

13. Dip won't redial when busy.