mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Post by Jason Vagne » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi.

I'm getting this error message whenever I try and mount a remote fs on
my new Linux box. I've even disabled the smbd in inetd.conf, but I can't
find any other reference to this issue.

Thanks

Jason

Post by Michael Nelso » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Hi.

> I'm getting this error message whenever I try and mount a remote fs on
> my new Linux box. I've even disabled the smbd in inetd.conf, but I can't
> find any other reference to this issue.

Do an "rpcinfo -p servername" to see if nfsd and mountd are registered
with rpc services.

        Michael

Mountain View, California                                 1-415-390-2294

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. Korn shell running in DOS

3. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. HELP: NCALL=30 exceeded

5. mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

6. How to get DUID of an IPv6 node ?

7. Sun One Webserver 6.1 admin server

8. mount clntudp_create:RPC:Program not registered

9. ERROR:mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

10. clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

11. HELP!! What does mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered meens??

12. mount: RPC: Program not registered