USERDIR directive question

Post by Bobo_4 » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:51:57

I know how to get the Userdir directive to work correctly with a subdir
like PUBLIC_HTML, but I want to be able to make the root of the users'
home directories the default directory when you enter the ~user in a
browser. Does anyone know the correct syntax for this?

Regards,

Bobo

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

USERDIR directive question

Post by Tsian S.P » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:45:02

How about make a symbol link for the dir.
just like below
ln -s /home/someonesdir public_html

Quote:> I know how to get the Userdir directive to work correctly with a subdir
> like PUBLIC_HTML, but I want to be able to make the root of the users'
> home directories the default directory when you enter the ~user in a
> browser. Does anyone know the correct syntax for this?

> Regards,

> Bobo

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. UserDir Directive Question

Hi all!!!

I am trying to setup an apache1.1.3 server which
doesnt make use of the /etc/passwd file for
~username/public_html.  The home directories of
users (ex. /home/u/username) do not have the public_html
dir...instead they're on a different location, let's say
/htdocs/u/username/public_html

The web server has
        document root === /htdocs

and I try to setup userdir as
       UserDir /htdocs/*/*/public_html

which doesn't work because the asterisk (*)
only replaces the username...what I really
want/need is something like
      Userdir /htdocs/[a-z]/*/public_html

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can do this?
What about non-UserDir solutions?
Also, linking the /home/u/username/public_html to the
/htdocs/u/username/public_html is not an option...

TIA

8-)
ray

2. Installing VPN on FreeBSD

3. UserDir Directive

4. Bandwith Limiting / Download Quota's - How?

5. Apache Problems with the UserDir Directive

6. Probelm after Kernel recompile

7. Apache UserDir directive

8. lilo geo_comp_addr error

9. Userdir Directive Help (Repost)

10. How to use UserDir directive in CERN WWW Server

11. Troubles with UserDir Apache directive

12. UserDir directive in apache

13. suexec with userdir directive, possible?