Website problems on other systems

Post by Mary Englan » Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:21:48

Hi,
I have a 'takey' request, so appologies in advance... As a favour to a
friend, I designed a website of his sculpture and drawing. I built it
using a WYSIWYG program that I am not sure is too good. It displays
well using the browsers I use, on the computer I use, but I was
wondering whether you good folk could take a look on your machines and
report faults, or just things you don't like?
The website of sculpture and drawing is at:
http://www.3ene.com
Thanks - and if you need to know anything about sculpture or casting,
then join me at alt.sculpture and I'll be happy to return the favour!
Have a good New Year.
Mary

Post by Stev » Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:28:23

> The website of sculpture and drawing is at:
> http://www.3ene.com
> Thanks - and if you need to know anything about sculpture or casting,
> then join me at alt.sculpture and I'll be happy to return the favour!

Hi Mary;

I went to your website using the Mozilla 1.7.3 browser running on
Knoppix Linux.   It looked sharp and worked fine.

You may already know this, but there is an agency that sets standards
for web technology:
http://w3.org/

Mozilla browsers and the Opera browser comply to these standards.

If you test your sites in a browser in the Mozilla family ( Mozilla,
Firefox -- the champ among alternative browsers ) you can be reasonably
sure your site will comply to standards and work in the maximum number
of places outside of Internet Explorer.

Many web developers in the know will test their sites in IE and Firefox
before pronouncing it done.

There is also Bobbi ( handicap access ) compliance which you can learn
about at this site;

http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/index.jsp

My apologies if you already know of all of this.

I don't normally get a chance to look at a lot of art.  I appreciated
the jaunt through your site.  Interesting!

Steve

---

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap:  It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Website problems on other systems

Post by Mary Englan » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:47:57

Thanks Steve - that's really helpful. Have a good new year.
Mary

Post by Davi » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 06:51:57

> Hi,
> I have a 'takey' request, so appologies in advance... As a favour to a
> friend, I designed a website of his sculpture and drawing. I built it
> using a WYSIWYG program that I am not sure is too good. It displays
> well using the browsers I use, on the computer I use, but I was
> wondering whether you good folk could take a look on your machines and
> report faults, or just things you don't like?
> The website of sculpture and drawing is at:
> http://www.3ene.com
> Thanks - and if you need to know anything about sculpture or casting,
> then join me at alt.sculpture and I'll be happy to return the favour!
> Have a good New Year.
> Mary

Mary,

     FWI it looks find in Firefox, Mozilla and Konqueror at 1024X768

Savid

Website problems on other systems

Post by Mary Englan » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:13:07

Cheers David. And Happy New Year. What part of the Earth are you in,
I'm in the Uk and this group isn't set to GMT that's for sure. I'm
drunk as hell and it's 5:12AM
Mary.

Website problems on other systems

Post by Michael W Cock » Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:54:38

On 31 Dec 2004 21:13:07 -0800, "Mary  England"

>Cheers David. And Happy New Year. What part of the Earth are you in,
>I'm in the Uk and this group isn't set to GMT that's for sure. I'm
>drunk as hell and it's 5:12AM
>Mary.

The drunk girls are always on a different continent than me - it's a
law.

Mike-

--
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs...
You may have a great career as a network administrator ahead!

Post by Davi » Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:18:26

> Cheers David. And Happy New Year. What part of the Earth are you in,
> I'm in the Uk and this group isn't set to GMT that's for sure. I'm
> drunk as hell and it's 5:12AM
> Mary.

Portland, OR USA

Cheers to you and yours :)

Website problems on other systems

Post by Tris Orendorf » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:39:11

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a 'takey' request, so appologies in advance... As a favour to a
> friend, I designed a website of his sculpture and drawing. I built it
> using a WYSIWYG program that I am not sure is too good. It displays
> well using the browsers I use, on the computer I use, but I was
> wondering whether you good folk could take a look on your machines and
> report faults, or just things you don't like?
> The website of sculpture and drawing is at:

The site looks okay to Mozilla 1.7 and Firefox 1.0, both on Linux.

I did notice one thing: there aren't enough absolute dates used.  There are references to "next year" and
"in October and November."  You need to specify the year to reduce confusion.  Remember "Next year is
this year, last year."

--
Sincerely,

Tris Orendorff

Website problems on other systems

Post by Mary Englan » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:46:04

Doh! Good point Tris. Thanks....

Website problems on other systems

Post by percyfl.. » Sat, 08 Jan 2005 08:42:18

Mary - is he for real?
Did every one else miss this from the site - the fact that this guy
actually wants to live in a zoo?
http://www.3ene.com/projects/monkey.htm

1. System functions in BSD and others *nix systems.

Hi all
I was writeing simple program for school using system funcions
msgget, msgsnd and msgrcv. This program run fine on other OS
i tested it on debian,RedHat and SunOS on my FreeBSD box
the resaults are bad. Are the system funcion different in FBSD?
This is my simple program
--- queue.h ---
#define ONE ftok("/home/bigstar/one.c" , '0')
struct data {
  int mtype;
  int mtext;

--- one.c ---
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/ipc.h>
#include <sys/msg.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include "queue.h"
int main()
{
  int q, i;
  struct data msg;
  q=msgget(ONE,IPC_CREAT|0660);
  msg.mtype = 1;
  msg.mtext = 5;
  for (i=0; i<10; i++)
  {
    msgsnd(q, &msg, sizeof(msg), 0);
    sleep(1);
  }

--- two.c ---
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/ipc.h>
#include <sys/msg.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include "queue.h"
int main()
{
  int q, i;
  struct data msg;
  q=msgget(ONE,IPC_CREAT|0666);
  for (i=0; i<10; i++)
  {
    msgrcv(q, &msg, sizeof(msg), 0, 0);
    printf("I recive: %d \n", msg.mtext);
   }

When i run ./one | ./two on FreeBSD i get
 I recive: 671473920
and sa on as i wrote on other tested OS it works fine.
Anyone know where the problem is?
BS.

2. sed resources site has moved

3. Display Problems Among Others Red Hat System 7.2 Plz Help

4. unable to access cdrom after adding another HDD

5. Can I prevent pinging from others and still ping others?

6. NEED TRAINING IN DC OR CBT

7. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

8. Is Linux file system compatible with any others?

9. System intrusion detection, primarily on linux servers with a handful of others

10. pop authentication via pam fails for some systems not others

11. systems: Quantex, Dell, others?

12. US-CO-DENVER Systems Consultant w/ Java & Website devel exper wanted