IPX netware mounting...

Post by Peter Petraki » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've been converting my CS professor to Linux lately and now he has a PC
in his office exclusivly for linux so I can teach him. Today we tried to
mount a net drive on a netware server. The the drive is called MCSERVER
so I recompiled the kernel with ipx support, rebooted, and them went to
linuxconf to set it up. We find the right place to do and tell linux
what the drive is called and where we want our mount point and that's
about it. It's my first time doing this sort of thing so I though we
were done. Ok did that the mount point was created. I then go to mount
it, ok, I then go in and there's nothing there. We them decide to reboot
and when the kernel boots I see something to the effect of MCSERVER bad
address. What did I miss and is there an IPX how-to around ? Specs P166
with RH 5.1 stock. Thanks alot.

Alpha Powered,
Peter Petrakis

IPX netware mounting...

Post by Kendall P. Bull » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>mount a net drive on a netware server. The the drive is called MCSERVER

You only mention IPX -- are you also using NCPFS?  (You need it to mount
Netware volumes.)

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen        Web: http://www.his.com/~kendall/
                   Comics FS: http://www.his.com/~kendall/comics.html

I get too much spam & UCE.  Please reconstruct my address if you
e-mail me.  But please NEVER send me COPIES of Usenet postings.

1. Netware Client having problem mounting netware volume

I have Slakware 3.0 (1.2.13 kernal) running on a netware network.  I need
to write a file to the netware volume.  I have installed ncpfs and
everything but the mount command works.  (Slist, etc).

The error I get is

Can't open dependancies file /lib/modules/1.2.13/modules.dep (No such file
or di
rectory)
Error: Unable to load ncpfs, exiting...

Any Ideas???

2. Anybody have any luck with an SMC E2000 Clone?

3. Netware Mount - no file truncation on mounted volume.

4. Microsoft invasion continues....

5. IPX (Netware FS) access under Linux

6. Linux on a Packard Bell

7. Installing IPX support overloads Netware server

8. HELP: RH4.0 and WD7193 install problem

9. Connect to Netware server via IP (not IPX)?

10. alpha linux --> ipx (NetWare)

11. IPX and Netware

12. IPX Netware and Linux prob

13. DR-DOS7 (NetWare) --> Linux IPX - HELP!