Printing via print server

Post by Mike » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
How is linux configured to print on a printer which is connected to print
server?
Nt sees the HPLaser as is via the print server PS0059/printer1.
The printer server has 2 printers connected to it but only one IP address.
Thank you.
Mike

Printing via print server

Post by extern.patrick.them.. » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> How is linux configured to print on a printer which is connected to
print
> server?
> Nt sees the HPLaser as is via the print server PS0059/printer1.
> The printer server has 2 printers connected to it but only one IP
address.
> Thank you.
> Mike

heres an excerpt from my /etc/printcap:
remote|lp|dj-a4:\
:lp=/dev/null:\
:rm=hp1:\ ###(printserver)
:rp=L1:\  ###(port on rprintserver)
:sd = /var/....and so on

--
'...' said the joker to the thief
'there's too much confusion, i cant get no relief...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

I have an AIX v4 system with a remote location connected via a DSL
connection and a router. I want to map the appropriate port on the router to
a print server and configure a spooled printer to print to the router IP
address which would be forwarded to the printer. Can somebody tell me what
TCP port is used for TCP/IP printing to a print server or how to set it? Any
info or pointers to this info would be appreciated. I am heavily an SCO Unix
guy with some AIX experience setting up serial printers via SMIT, but I
would like info on configuring slave printers and network printers. Thanks!

2. Problems with Apache

3. Printing jobs via a print server

4. Howto Change Resolution in Linux e.g. fr 640X480 to 800X600 etc...

5. Newbie Q - Print from AIX via NT print server

6. Q: st

7. Print via HP Jetdirect Print Server

8. DNS configuration recommendations

9. Server will not print to a Linksys EPSX3 Print Server

10. Print queue dies when printing via Samba

11. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

12. Printing Printing Printing

13. Print, Print, Print.....