ipautofw

Post by Johannes Plach » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hi,
i am new to linux and glad I made it so far...

I am using redhad 2.0.36
and ipfwadm let my local machines all connect to the internet that works
fine !

Now I want to map incoming requests from several ports directly to a given
machine on my intranet.

I tried IPAUTOFW but always get the message 'setsockopt' not available.

What do I have to do else ? ( I did NOT recompile my kernel to make
masquerading work !)

any ideas ?

ipautofw

Post by Roman Spitzbar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Maybe http://linuxsite.webjump.com can help you.

--
Roman Spitzbart

ipautofw

Post by Tobias Reckhard (jest » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:36:41 GMT, "Johannes Plachy"

>I tried IPAUTOFW but always get the message 'setsockopt' not available.

>What do I have to do else ? ( I did NOT recompile my kernel to make
>masquerading work !)

You need to recompile your kernel, turning on support for experimental
and alpha drivers. Then, in networking options, enable ipautofw
support (along with all the other firewalling and masquerading
gimmicks). Compile and install the kernel and you should be set.

Tobias / jester

ipautofw

Post by Alain Coetmeu » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Johannes Plachy a crit dans le message ...

Quote:>hi,
>i am new to linux and glad I made it so far...

>I am using redhad 2.0.36
>and ipfwadm let my local machines all connect to the internet that works
>fine !

>Now I want to map incoming requests from several ports directly to a given
>machine on my intranet.

>I tried IPAUTOFW but always get the message 'setsockopt' not available.
>What do I have to do else ? ( I did NOT recompile my kernel to make
>masquerading work !)

don't forget to do an echo 1>/proc/somewhere-i-dont-remember-about
so that the formwarding is activated, given it is already
compiled in the kernel, or more often accessible as a module.

look in dejanews in this group for your setsockopt error message...
the answsers are given.

1. I can't get ipautofw to work

For the life of me I can't get forwarding to work.

I have the latest slackware installed with kernel version 2.0.30. I
have masquerading succesfully working, but everytime I issue the
ipautofw command, nothing happens, none of the packets get through, or
I can't verify that any get through. I check the masq table 'ipfwadm
-M -l' and there is nothing new.

I compiled a kernel from linux version 2.0.33 with every
autoforwarding, proxy, masquerading, and ipoutfw option turned on. The
kernel compiles succesfully, masquerading works, but nothing else.

Specifically, I'm trying to get one of the many videoconferencing
packages to work. I even tried cu-seeme, for which a patch is supposed
to be built in, without any luck.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

                                -Sten

2. pda sync for todo list?

3. help with ipautofw

4. Is there an alternative to sbrk()

5. ipautofw gives error message : setsockopt: Protocol not available and masquerading works fine!

6. dynamically allocating memory in a shell script

7. where is ipautofw?

8. disk geometry problem ... RH 7.1 anaconda

9. IPAutofw - SetSockOpt Problem!

10. ipautofw

11. >> IPAUTOFW?! <<

12. ip_masq & ipautofw?