Samba password setup

Post by Andy Zoo » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Could someone quickly go through setting up user names with encrypted
passwords?

I think it was something like this

adduser JOE

adduser joe

smbadduser JOE:JOE$
joe
joe

smbadduser joe:joe
pass
pass

I cannot find any documentation on this and it is driving me nucking futs!

Samba password setup

Post by Andrew William » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If the smbpasswd file exists already, 'man smbpasswd' reveals all.
If not, look at http://home.germany.net/101-69082/encrypt.html

--
Mielipiteet omiani - Opinions personal, facts suspect, especially on my
        http://home.germany.net/101-69082/samba.html

Samba password setup

Post by Yassu » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

smbpasswd -a userid
  This will set up an encrypted password for userid.
smbpasswd -e userid
   This will enable userid.

Quote:> Could someone quickly go through setting up user names with encrypted
> passwords?

> I think it was something like this

> adduser JOE

> adduser joe

> smbadduser JOE:JOE$
> joe
> joe

> smbadduser joe:joe
> pass
> pass

> I cannot find any documentation on this and it is driving me nucking futs!

1. win98 -> linux (samba) password requested, no user, no password works ...

When I attempt to connect to my linux machine (Red Hat 6.2 running
samba) from my win98 machine, I get a network password gui.  There is no
user name to enter and all the passwords I use don't work.  What
password is being requested?  How do I make windows request a user with
the password?

Thanks,
Keith.

2. Linux, Win95, Win3.11/DOS setup

3. Samba: Synchronize Unix and Samba Passwords

4. Newbie problem

5. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

6. Linux netscape connection dead

7. Linux/Samba Machine & User Accounts for Samba PDC in samba-2.2.1a Question?

8. Keyboard Timeout

9. SAMBA, SAMBA, SAMBA

10. Samba, Passwords & PAM

11. Samba -- Passwords Don't Work!

12. Three attempts at samba password

13. samba 2.0.7 +security=share +encrypted passwords +NT4-SP4