AMD PCNet PCI Ethernet Card Problem

Post by Vicente Gonzale » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have problems setting up my ethernet Card in RedHat 4.0

I cannot connect outside, nor nobody can connect me from outside, even
with a ping. I have checked the configuration files (hosts, resolv.conf,
etc.) with other Linux systems (with different ethernet cards) and they
seem ok.

I have observed that when booting, Linux detects the card at the correct
interruption and says it needs no DMA. Nevertheless, once booted, if I
make 'ifconfig' it tells me that the card is using DMA channel 4.

Could it be this the problem? How can I solve it?

Thank you.

1. Net problem with an AMD PCnet PCI card (newbie question)

I'm trying to install Debian 2.0 on a HP-Pentium with an AMD PCnet PCI
Ethernet Card but
the installer does not recognize the card :-(

I read the Ethernet Howto then I tryed to use lance.c driver but the
installation failed again (device busy....)

Is it an interrupt problem or what?
(The card is set with IRQ 11 FCE00-FCFF)

Please, help a newbie to enjoy his first Linux box!!!

Thank you in advance!
Pio

PS Plz, reply via E-mail too, removing NOSPAM

2. DIP -> /var/adm/syslog errors

3. Problems with AMD PCNet PCI card

4. Device driver crashes before open

5. AMD PCNET Ethernet Card setup problem

6. how to know when a socket is no more available ?

7. Linux driver for AMD PCnet-PCI Ethernet chip

8. PROJECT:perl to ksh for sync login script for sybase

9. AMD PCnet PCI network card

10. activating AMD PCnet Ethernet card

11. ethernet card with AMD-pcNET FAST III supported?

12. Anyone able to get an AMD PCNET ethernet card running?

13. AMD PCNet ethernet card and FTP installation of Redhat 5.1