Name Server Problems

Post by Ken Rast » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have run into a weird nameserver problem.  It appears that a few
sites that my web users try to access are returning no DNS entry when
there definitely is one.

What appears to be happening is that a site may have multiple
addresses associated with it, and only one of them gives the correct
response.  My nameserver is not picking out the correct one.  (I could
be way off base with this)  When I do a ping to the site, the
nameserver resolves the address but nothing comes back.

I do know that the sites in question are working since on other
systems, pings come back and they are accessible via web browsers.

If anyone has any idea what I may have set up wrong with my
nameserver, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.