Problem NFS client: (NFS)lockdsvc: Connection refused

Problem NFS client: (NFS)lockdsvc: Connection refused

Post by Michael Bo » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:19:44

Hi all,

I am stuck with a weird problem and I am hoping for some expert
advice. I have checked old postings, howtos and SuSE support database
to no avail.

We run a SuSE 6.3 machine serving 2 Linux NFS clients and 3 Win (2 98,
1 NT) Samba clients. Setup is done according to NFS howto and yast
(the SuSE setup tool).

The problem is that one of the Linux clients (SuSE 6.4) has
occasionally problems connecting to the NFS server. During boot-up,
it displays the following error message:

Importing Network File System (NFS)lockdsvc: Connection refused

The server /var/log/messages records:

mountd[123] /home/3W_data has been mounted by 192.168.100.105
(the Linux client)

However, client does not have access to the directory. At the same
time, other client accesses same directory without problems.

So far, the problem has gone away after one or several reboots but it
makes life a little bit difficult. Any ideas?

Thanks
Michael

1. Cannot start nfs locking services: lockdsvc connection refused

All,

I cannot start nfs locking services either via restart, linuxconf, or
the command line. I consistently get a message (from the log file):

  Executing some Sysv init scripts
    Executing: /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S10network reload
    Executing: /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S14nfslock restart
        * The command takes more than 15 seconds to execute, odd
        * killed by operator
  Grabbing some late messages from command /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S14nfslock
  restart
        > lockdsvc: Connection refused
        > [FAILED]rpc.statd [FAILED][  OK  ]done.

I think this is causing other problems on my system (at least it is
interferring with using Linuxconf!) I searched the usual sites, but
found no useful references to lockdsvc and it's handling of connections.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have just upgraded to Redhat Linux, 6.2 i586 2.2.14.

Regards,
Raman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Smail bind driver - is defer_no_connect working?

3. One NFS connection fine, one NFS connection slow

4. Test (disreguard)

5. Strange nfs problem - Connection refused

6. Two Linux Questions

7. problem with LINUX (NFS server) and Solaris 2.7 (intel ) NFS client.

8. XISP with CHAP....Quick question.

9. NFS Problems... "Unknown NFS client"

10. FC/2 NFS Client problem with Linux NFS Server

11. NFS problem: NFS client hosed by windows machine?

12. Wierd AIX/NFS client, Sun/NFS server problem

13. nfs, Redhat 6.2, "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refuse"