Have squid forward to other proxy on specific port

Have squid forward to other proxy on specific port

Post by Sjaakie Helderhors » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:32:00

Hi,

I have Squid 'listening' to both ports 8080 and 3128 and want request on
3128 to be forwarded to an external proxy server. So far I managed to
forward all requests (both 8080 and 3128) to the external proxy. Is it
possible to do this for port 3128 only? If so, how to achieve this...

Thanks in advance!

Have squid forward to other proxy on specific port

Post by Jasper Aikem » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:02:04

You can do that with iptables

Quote:> Hi,

> I have Squid 'listening' to both ports 8080 and 3128 and want request on
> 3128 to be forwarded to an external proxy server. So far I managed to
> forward all requests (both 8080 and 3128) to the external proxy. Is it
> possible to do this for port 3128 only? If so, how to achieve this...

> Thanks in advance!

Have squid forward to other proxy on specific port

Post by Joe Dunni » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:43:07

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:32:00 +0100, Sjaakie Helderhorst

>Hi,

>I have Squid 'listening' to both ports 8080 and 3128 and want request on
>3128 to be forwarded to an external proxy server. So far I managed to
>forward all requests (both 8080 and 3128) to the external proxy. Is it
>possible to do this for port 3128 only? If so, how to achieve this...

With a statement like:
cache_peer <parent hostname> parent 3128 3130 proxy_only

The general form is:
cache_peer   hostname type http_port icp_port options

The "proxy_only" option will stop the local proxy from storing the
objects locally (ie. it won't cache them).

1. Iptables port forwarding on squid proxy

I am using squid proxy on RedHat 8

My network consists of Win 98/NT/XP IE 5.5/6

I want my internet users to browse the net without changing the proxy
settings on the IE.They should be able to use browse with any addition
on the proxy setting on the IE.

Presently they change the proxy settings on the browser to the IP of
the squid proxy and port to 3128 of the squid.

I understand this can be done through iptables port forwarding and
some configurations on the squid.

I also run Apache web server on port 80 of the same Linux box having
Squid

It would be nice if some could help

2. General HW setup procedure??

3. Having proxy forward info to server

4. Modem no longer works

5. forward/masquerade UDP traffic for specific port #

6. Infrared

7. port forwarding (ipfwadm and squid)

8. patch-2.4.21-rc4-ac1.bz2 on kernel.org is really patch-2.4.21-rc2-ac3?

9. ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

10. iptables port forwarding for specific source addresses

11. Squid/ forwarding port 80 to internal network machine.

12. ipfwadm: Forwarding specific ports

13. forwarding requests to a specific port