tcpview / other traffic monitors

Post by Henry Hou » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have the configuration files and/or patches necessary to
build tcpview?  The primary site pointed to in the Linux Software map
is gone, and the other sites do not have the Linux-specific files.

Does anyone know of any other traffic monitors besides netmon?

Thanks,

Henry Houh

1. Traffic Control in Linux: tc, cbq or others ?

I have done some reading on traffic control ( tc ) and cbq
on Linux.

The problem I have is I want to implement something which
I deem it a rather 'common' requirement but unable to
translate that into configuration/shell commands.

I have a Linux NAT router/firewall to internet, for example,
say :-

INTERNAL_IP=192.168.1.1/24, INTERNAL_INTERFACE=eth0
EXTERNAL_IP=192.1.2.3/24, EXTERNAL_INTERFACE=eth1

Both the internal/external network are also a LAN interfaces,
but the actual throughput at the EXTERNAL network ( bottlenecking
at the ADSL equipment or some other routers ) is only about
128k ( for example ). Given this situation, I would like to
conserve this bandwidth for IMPORTANT traffic, while the less
important traffic can use the leftover bandwith.

The IMPORTANT traffic, since I have a NAT firewall/router, is
defined as traffic coming in via 'port forwarding'. So I could
define it either at the EXTERNAL_INTERFACE, eth1, say port 11288,
or at the INTERNAL_INTERFACE, eth0, port say port 114. There
are other port forwarding services on this firewall, but there
are considered less important. So they should only use the left
over bandwidth.

So how this be configured on Linux ?

2. must lprng listen on tcp/ip...?

3. Can I prevent pinging from others and still ping others?

4. Idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100

5. CDE: dtfile and others on second monitor

6. Partitioning Advice Please

7. don't want to burn my monitor: X Windows installation and others

8. Exec format error

9. TRAFFIC MONITORING

10. Emacs19 crashes OpenWindows? Network traffic monitor?

11. Real-Time Monitoring & Accounting of Network traffic

12. network traffic monitoring without kstat

13. tools to monitor network traffic from the server side