Muliple mailservers

Post by ka.. » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

We have a 1 Mbit Internet connection with a linux-box as mailserver
(sendmail(SMTP)+ qpopper(POP3)) but we want to install a second linux-
box as mailsever (using 2 different MX-records for that domain). Can I
somehow use both servers to receive incoming email (SMTP) but access
the mail from just one of them (using POP3).
Should I use some kind of UUCP between the two or use a shared NFS-disk
for the mail-files or...? The incoming mails could be quite large (up
200-300 MB).

/Karl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. muliple UUCP accounts and one domain name

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest a way to have two uucp accounts
share the same domain name. Is it possible to set
it up somehow in the mailer table?

Two different sites from a company would like to use UUCP
to access mail but want to keep the same domain name.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this if possible
would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Phil.

2. Lilo: how to force a new boot sector?

3. can't enable muliple NICs

4. bootp error

5. multiple definitions when linking muliple object files

6. SiS/Trident 4DWave sound driver oops

7. muliple volume spanning with gnutar -M

8. HELP: Digiboard 16Xem Driver

9. Help on muliple serial ports

10. Muliple monitors, one X server?

11. Muliple NIC's?

12. Getting Mail From Muliple POP Accounts

13. Make Muliple Commands