1. How to configure Linux for a LAN of NT machines + 3COM 3C891 LAN Modem
I have a local network of "Windoze" PCs (NT + Win98) connected to the
internet via a
3COM 3C891 Lan Modem (and an ISP !!!).
Each PC is assigned a static IP address and connects "with a click" to the
The question is, how do I configure the Linux (Redhat 6.0 with a 2.2.12
to access the internet (this machine has a dual boot with NT 4) ?
I allready did that:
Configure my static IP address in /etc/hosts :
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain
18.104.22.168 Lanmodem.MYDOMAIN lanmodem Lanmodem
22.214.171.124 Dev01.MYDOMAIN dev01 Dev01
126.96.36.199 Dev02.MYDOMAIN Dev02 dev02
188.8.131.52 Dev03.MYDOMAIN Dev03 dev03
184.108.40.206 Dev04.MYDOMAIN Dev04 dev04
Put the IP address of the lan modem as the Gateway (in
I can access the httpd / ftp servers on my Linux machine from the rest of
(I can "telnet connect" too)
BTW I have the same question to configure samba (I was not able to share the
with the windows WS) ....
# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
workgroup = MYDOMAIN
# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
server string = Samba Server on Linux
# This one is useful for people to share files
comment = Temporary file space
path = /tmp
read only = no
public = yes
When I try to "connect a network drive" with NT I see the server running on
the linux box but I
can't connect (even with a valide username/password) ....
2. Cache problems(?) with AE4 486DX50 EISA board
3. 3Com Officeconnect LAN Modem / Linux
5. Linux and 3Com ISDN LAN Modem Frustrations
7. 3COM ISDN Lan Modem & Linux RH6.1
8. Does linux/X work WD90C24A and/or 800x600 laptop screen?
9. 3COM ISDN LAN modem and linux
10. LINUX and 3COM ISDN LAN Modem Woes
11. Mixed LAN + Linux server behind a cable modem..?
12. 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN+56K Modem 3CXFEM656C
13. support for 3com Megahertz 10/100 Lan + 56 K modem PC card