rcp not working

Post by at.. » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

OK, what is the trick to get rcp to work. rlogin and rsh are
working but rcp just returns with "rcmd: socket: Permission
denied". can anyone help?

thanks...

1. rcp not working

We have a Pentium running RedHat Linus release 4.1 on our network. I can
rlogin to other hosts ( HP-UX, V9 or V10 ) but I can't rcp in either
direction. rsh also doesn't work.

I have set up the .rhosts file for root on the Linux box and the HP-UX
box. The Linux root is running bash and the HP-UX root is running Korn
shell.

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.
Marvin Ben-Ari                             "Home to the flood of
Senior Programmer/Analyst                      the century"
Motor Coach Industries, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

2. How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

3. RCP not working

4. app-defaults

5. rcp not working

6. How to install staroffice???

7. freebsd printer server to print postscript file?

8. RCP not working

9. rlogin, rcp - rsh Not Working, Please Help

10. rcp does not work?

11. 3.0R RCP Does Not Work

12. Rcp from ok rcp to no good