Setup of bonded network interfaces on suse8.2 with ifup ?

Setup of bonded network interfaces on suse8.2 with ifup ?

Post by Rainer Krienk » Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:46:11

Hello,

I would like to create a bond networking device from two ethx interfaces.
Basically this works.  The problem is that the suse setup mechanism in
etc/sysconfig/network/ does not seem to support bonded interfaces.

So I think of extending the suse tools mainly /sbin/ifup. Has anyone done
this already or knows a better solution?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312

Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html