I just removed RedHat 6.1 and brought up Mandrake 7.02 but now I am having
1. plug and play on my 3com isa card (3c509b) has been disabled
2. on booting the following message is displayed:
bringing up interface eth0 FAILED
3. after booting:
ifconfig -a (shows info for both)
4. pinging localhost works fine
ie., "3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss" (but)
pinging a network address shows 100% packet loss
5. the interrupt used is 10 and base address 0300 under Windows98
ifconfig -a shows the same interrupt 10 and Base address:0x300 used
6. modprobe -l
shows the 3c509.o as a listed module.
7. resolv.conf (is ok for)
8. etc/conf.modules (has the entry)
alias eth0 3c509b
9. On shutdown -r now (eth0 looks ok)
"Shutting down interface eth0 "OK"
The 3com 3c509b board works under Windows
I can't ping or get out on the net but I don't know how to resolve the
I've tried "modprobe 3c509" without success.
I've tried "insmod 3c509", could this have caused the problem?
Is there a better NIC?
Thanks in advance