ipchains -A forward -i ??

Post by /dev/nul » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:47:16

Can you specify an interface on the forward chain?  Or is that only for
input / output?

--
/dev/null

web: www.BeginThread.com/dev.null

ipchains -A forward -i ??

Post by Cedric Blanche » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 18:20:07

Quote:> Can you specify an interface on the forward chain?  Or is that only for
> input / output?

It is output one.
RTFM : Ipchains HOWTO.

--
BOFH excuse #149:

Dew on the telephone lines.

ipchains -A forward -i ??

Post by luca » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 01:04:16

> Can you specify an interface on the forward chain?  Or is that only for
> input / output?

you can specify -i for ipchains -A forward.  the -i under forward is intended
for the outgoing packet, just like for the output chain.  the ipchain howto
states that this -i for the forward chain is rather arbitrary, however, that is
what it is intended for.

lucas

1. IPCHAINS -F (or) IPCHAINS -F input, output, forward

On our firewall I set up some time restrictions so that the people
behind the firewall get logged off after a certain time (5:00 p.m.).  On
this firewall, I flush ipchains with:

ipchains -F

However, I see that some do it in this manner:

ipchains -F input
ipchains -F output
ipchains -F forward

What is the difference, and which is better (more secure)?  If I do a
"ipchains -F," would it be the same as the second type?

Thnx...

2. Discounts on UPSs

3. Using "ipchains -P forward DENY" instead of disabling ip-forwarding?

4. experiences with large (journaling) filesystems wanted

5. ipchains - forwarding - packet filtering

6. Matrox Millenuim video driver

7. Ipchains Port Forwarding RealEncoder

8. Apology For 2K Ghostbusters Sig

9. ipchains and port forwarding on RH6.1

10. Does IPCHAINS forward IPX by default?

11. IPChains Question - forwarding?

12. port forwarding with Ipchains

13. IPChains not forwarding correctly -- HELP PLEASE