EtherExpress

Post by Saif Wars » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am trying to use the Intel EtherExpress on a PPro RedHat Linux V5.0
machine with the 2.0.31 kernel. I re-compiled the kernel with eexpress
support built in and in the boot up it is detected and I can then
configure the interface and setup all of the required routing without
any problems. The problem I am having is that as soon as I put any load
on the interface (something as simple as pinging the host machine), the
whole computer locks up invariably. Is there an updated eexpress.c or
some other driver I can use that behaves better than what I am seeing ?
The eexpress.c driver is version 0.14. Thanks for any help.

Saif A. Warsi