Which host for dedicated server linux box?

Which host for dedicated server linux box?

Post by Simon Redfer » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a host for a dedicated linux server? I'm going to
be running Oracle. What are the considerations - like getting a CD ROM
in the drive?! Anyone got experience of rackspace.com?

ThnX,

Simon.

1. Linux dedicated UT server vs. Win32 dedicated server ?

Hello

I have a UT dedicated linuxserver at home. The hardware is not the fastest,
but it works good for me and my friends. We can play with 2 human players
and 4 bots. The server is a P133, 64 MB EDO Ram on an Iwill P54TS Board with
an 3c900B XT 10/100 Networking Card. Do not laugh about the fast CPU :-)

Ok, I would known if a NT Server configured on the same machine with a Win32
UT dedicated server is as fast as the linux server who is installed at the
moment. Who needs more system memory. The NT or the Linuxserver ? Who has
the better networkingperformance  ( low pings, little lag ..)

is it advisable to change from linux to NT or is it better to leave the
system as it is ?

Thanks in advance
Frank

2. Opening RPMs under MacOS?

3. Running a dedicated server behind a linux IP masq box

4. What is the port 7070 for?

5. Dedicated LINUX servers in Hosted in AU - au$99/month - OWN $299/Month

6. Will Informix SQL and SE version 4.10 for SCO run on OpenServer 5.0.5?

7. Dedicated Unix dedicated Server

8. Adaptec 1542CP install problems

9. Anyone hosting Sol 10 dedicated servers?

10. Celeron 300a for a dedicated linux box.

11. Dedicated Linux Gopher server

12. New to Linux, want to run dedicated game server

13. COMMERCIAL: Gentoo Linux dedicated server available