Network Bandwidth Monitor

Post by j.s. » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone advise me on some software that can monitor the bandwidth used on
our high speed line and, if possible, how we in turn set a "bandwidth use
limit" to other users on the network.

Can Linux do this out of the box or do you need custom software.

Thanks   Jeff

Network Bandwidth Monitor

Post by curtis schwart » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Use MRTG, it's written in Perl and generates web pages that can track port
traffic, cpu utilization, or any other snmp oid you wish to graph. Sorry, it
won't "limit bandwidth".
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html

.......... Curtis

> Can anyone advise me on some software that can monitor the bandwidth used on
> our high speed line and, if possible, how we in turn set a "bandwidth use
> limit" to other users on the network.

> Can Linux do this out of the box or do you need custom software.

> Thanks   Jeff

1. network bandwidth monitor

i'm looking for a network monitor that displays connections and
"individual" bandwidth usage for each connection and processes.
i tried ntop, mrtg, bwm, but they all show total usage or show
connections, but none shows connection and individual bandwidth usage.
any recommendations?

2. firewall & ipchains problem

3. Network Bandwidth Monitor

4. What's going on with comp.os.linux.announce?

5. Network Monitoring/bandwidth analysis

6. AMI Enterprise III

7. Need info on monitoring network bandwidth

8. SunPC running Windows 95

9. HELP: Need info on monitoring network bandwidth

10. Monitoring bandwidth usage - writing a simple monitor

11. Monitoring NIC Bandwidth utilization via SNMP???

12. How to monitor bandwidth ?

13. Bandwidth Watcher/Monitor Help/Info Needed