Intrusion Detection Software for Linux-Suggestions please

Intrusion Detection Software for Linux-Suggestions please

Post by Neal Garrabran » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I would like suggestions for entry level intrusion detection software
for Linux (embarking (woof woof; redoing a tree), on my studies of this
area (as in intrusion detection), but am familiar with other areas of
Linux).

Thank you for your time.

Post by Ian Mortime » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: I would like suggestions for entry level intrusion detection software
: for Linux (embarking (woof woof; redoing a tree), on my studies of this
: area (as in intrusion detection), but am familiar with other areas of
: Linux).

Tripwire is what you need.  It's now commercial software but
free for Linux (with certain restrictions):

   http://www.tripwire.org/

You can download it from:

   http://www.tripwire.com/downloads/

You can also get the old non-commercial version from the same site.

Ian

Post by ian.morti.. » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: I would like suggestions for entry level intrusion detection
 software
: for Linux (embarking (woof woof; redoing a tree), on my studies of
 this
: area (as in intrusion detection), but am familiar with other areas
 of
: Linux).

Tripwire is what you need.  It's now commercial software but
free for Linux (with certain restrictions):

   http://www.tripwire.org/

You can download it from:

   http://www.tripwire.com/downloads/

You can also get the old non-commercial version from the same site.

Ian

1. Intrusion Detection Software-Seeking suggestions

I am seeking suggestions for intrusion detection software for linux that
gets the job done with the least amount of complications.

I am using a stand-alone single home computer running Corel linux 1.1;
2.2.14 kernel--not on a network; not running any servers; have ipchains
and pmfirewall installed.
64 mb ram Cyrix 200 processor m-tech mb--homemade system.

Thank you.

2. IDE CD + SCSI 2940 possible?

3. active security and intrusion detection software for Linux?

4. How can I add my Redhat6.1 machine into windows LAN?

5. Intrusion detection suggestions

6. installing dlink DFE-538TX Lan Card

7. Free software for intrusion detection??

8. relay mail question

9. New network intrusion detection system for Linux (GPL)

10. Intrusion detection with LInux

11. System intrusion detection, primarily on linux servers with a handful of others

12. Linux intrusion detection

13. Win "The Practical Intrusion Detection Handbook"