Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by Nix » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:26:29



Hi!

The following site doesnt work anymore. Does anyone have any idea if the
file is mirrored anywhere?

Lucent Winmodem driver for Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10:
http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem

-Nix

 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by Lew » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:23:38



spake thus...
Quote:> Hi!

> The following site doesnt work anymore. Does anyone have any idea if the
> file is mirrored anywhere?

> Lucent Winmodem driver for Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10:
> http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem

> -Nix

Try:
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem
It was there today
--
A (Lew) Lewis
Remove 'mydot' to Email
--
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer you can kick.

 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by chin » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:27:02



>Hi!

>The following site doesnt work anymore. Does anyone have any idea if the
>file is mirrored anywhere?

>Lucent Winmodem driver for Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10:
>http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem

>-Nix

There are 6 ftp sites for the 6.0 driver:
driver name: ltmodem-6.00b7.tar.gz

crydee.sai.msu.ru/zeus/Linux/notebook/
fddisunsite.oit.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
ftp://ftp.oit.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/

for previous versions, go to www.alltheweb.com, click on the ftp tab,
and enter "ltmodem-"

Note: this driver does not compile under gcc-3.x.

luck

----------------------------
"The software required windows 98 or better, so I installed linux"

 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by Nix » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:39:19


Hi!

Thanks for the support. I guess the Linux community really does live up to
its reputation.

I got the driver as an RPM package and installed the 6.00b14 but it wouldn't
detect the modem. I later tried 6.00b15 and that wouldn't work either. My
modem was detected in Red Hat Linux when I previously installed it and get
the driver setup but its acting differently now. Any bright ideas on whats
going on?

-Nix

 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by Nix » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:09:27


Hi!

I tried using the Dial-up Configuration Wizard in Red Hat Linux 7.2, but
that couldnt detect a modem.

Here's the report geenrated by scanPCI that says the modem is detected.

./scanPCI

The ltmodem drivers will FAIL to support currently known
winmodems with chipsets produced by:
      Conexant, Motorola, US Robotics, IBM, PCTel and Intel.
The Lucent AMR Soft modem is NOT supported.
Among Xircom modems some are supported, and these will be
    reported out during this test.
PCMCIA card modems are NOT accessed by this ./scanPCI utilty.
There are also ISA card Lucent modems which are not perceived.

Found modem: 11c1:0449
  This modem should be serviced by the ltmodem drivers.
The id are within the serviced ranges:
Name   vendor_id device id range
-----------------------------------------------
LUCENT  0x11c1  0x0440-0x045c
XIRCOM  0x115d  0x0000-0x000F
XIRCOM  0x115d  0x0440-0x045c
XIRCOM    0x115d          0x0010-0x03ff

Hope this helps, Bye.

I was also looking for info on installing a modem in command-line mode
rather than using the GUI.

-Nix



> >Hi!

> >The following site doesnt work anymore. Does anyone have any idea if the
> >file is mirrored anywhere?

> >Lucent Winmodem driver for Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10:
> >http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem

> >-Nix

> There are 6 ftp sites for the 6.0 driver:
> driver name: ltmodem-6.00b7.tar.gz

> crydee.sai.msu.ru/zeus/Linux/notebook/
> fddisunsite.oit.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
> ftp://ftp.oit.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
> ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/
> ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/sourcemage/mirror/

> for previous versions, go to www.alltheweb.com, click on the ftp tab,
> and enter "ltmodem-"

> Note: this driver does not compile under gcc-3.x.

> luck

> ----------------------------
> "The software required windows 98 or better, so I installed linux"

 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by chin » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:14:24



>I got the driver as an RPM package and installed the 6.00b14 but it wouldn't
>detect the modem. I later tried 6.00b15 and that wouldn't work either. My
>modem was detected in Red Hat Linux when I previously installed it and get
>the driver setup but its acting differently now. Any bright ideas on whats
>going on?

There might be some library incompatibility issues. You might try
downloading the source and compiling it.
 
 
 

Looking for driver for RHL 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Post by Nix » Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:19:42


The modem is detected, but the Dialup Configuration doesnt detect it. I
tried running scanPCI, provided with the driver. Is there any way I can
setup the modem manually instead of using Dialup Configuration?

-Nix



> >I got the driver as an RPM package and installed the 6.00b14 but it
wouldn't
> >detect the modem. I later tried 6.00b15 and that wouldn't work either. My
> >modem was detected in Red Hat Linux when I previously installed it and
get
> >the driver setup but its acting differently now. Any bright ideas on
whats
> >going on?

> There might be some library incompatibility issues. You might try
> downloading the source and compiling it.

 
 
 

1. Problem accessing my ISP with RH 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7-10, LTModem driver 8.26a9)

I'm having difficulties accessing my ISP with the above-mentioned
configuration.  It appears to be a DNS problem.  I can dial into my
ISP & connect OK, but when I attempt to do anything (i.e., telnet,
visit a website, ping) by site name, I time out.  But if I put in the
IP address, I can hit it.  For example, when I ping my ISP's web page
(www.wwdb.org) with "ping www.wwdb.org", I get nothing, but when I
ping it with "ping 63.174.58.241" I get a stream of packets back.

The only thing I can seem to identify as a possible cause for this is
that, when I watch my login with tail -f /var/log/messages, when it
reads my DNS servers into the messages log, it reads in a different
DNS server than I have; my primary DNS server is 63.214.171.96, but it
shows that it's 205.171.3.65.  This is actually an old DNS server,
that I must've hardwired in somewhere when I first tried to get the
LTModem driver up and running on my box a year or so ago, but I can't
figure out where it's coming from now.  Whenever I change the
nameserver specification in my /etc/ppp/resolv.conf file, it always
changes back, as soon as I invoke the pppd.

Help?

2. Help! [3.1R] I can't build gdb port!

3. ppp server problem with Redhat 7.2 Kernel 2.4.7-10

4. Upgrading /usr/src [1 info]

5. Kernel upgrade from RH 7.2(2.4.7-10) to 2.4.18

6. I need an ADSL modem (non ethernet) for linux

7. Davicom 9102 AF, Redhat 7.2, Dell 8200, kernel 2.4.7-10

8. Who has problem rebooting RH5.1

9. TC ingress policer not working -- RedHat 7.2, Kernel 2.4.7-10

10. Unable to Record Sound: RedHat 7.2 Kernel 2.4.7-10

11. RHLinux 7.2 2.4.9-10 kernel lost tape device

12. Kernel Issue - Anything after RH 7.2 (2.4.7-10) - Help!!!

13. Looking for correct patches for kernel 2.4.7-10 to run LVS