Help me to see network, please!!!

Post by ad.. » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> I installed Linux 3.0 on Pentium with EterEZ card. I can ping my own
comuter,
> but when I am trying to ping others it doesn't see them. What is the problem
in
> my TCP/IP setup?
> --Alexei

Did you install the 'n' disk set?
Did you use a boot/root disk set that included networking support?  Including
support for your particular card?

Todd

Post by Javier Henders » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>> Hi,
>> I installed Linux 3.0 on Pentium with EterEZ card. I can ping my own
> comuter,
>> but when I am trying to ping others it doesn't see them. What is the problem
> in
>> my TCP/IP setup?
>> --Alexei

> Did you install the 'n' disk set?
> Did you use a boot/root disk set that included networking support?  Including
> support for your particular card?

And did you build a kernel with support for (a) networking, (b) your particular
card?

--
Javier Henderson, VMS Product Support

1. please help...! network card not seen

I have a NE2000 compatible ethernet card (ISA slot). How do I get Linux
to recognize
my ethernet card? The machine is connected to a T-1, and Win95 is
co-existing with
Linux.

This is the following message that appears when loading into Linux...

IPX Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.
Appletalk 0.17 for Linux NET3.035
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
Your ethernet card was not initialized properly.  Here are some reasons
why
thismay have happened, and the solutions:
1. Your kernel does not contain support for your card.  Including all
the
   network drivers in a Linux kernel can make it too large to even boot,
and
   sometimes including extra drivers can cause system hangs.  To support

your
   ethernet, either edit /etc/rc.d/rc.modules to load the support at
boottime,
   or compile and install a kernel that contains support.
2. You don't have an ethernet card, in which case you should comment out

this
   section of /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.  (Unless you don't mind seeing this
error...)
SIOCADDRT: No such device
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Mounting remote file systems...
Starting daemons: syslogd klogd portmap inetd lpd mountd nfsd
Starting sendmail daemon (/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q15m)...
Running gpm...

Welcome to Linux 2.0.30.

Require help as soon as possible. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2. New list: GPLed Firewall development

3. Eth0 can't be seen outside box, please help

4. CIAC: Unix NCSA Httpd Vulnerability

5. Linux not seeing all memory (please help)

6. Booting difficulty with 1.3.* and slackware 2.3

7. HELP, please:SCSI NEC CD-ROM not seen for install

8. Updating ports behind a proxy server, requires username and password

9. Install help please: OL1.3 sees only 2GB of my LBA's 8GB Maxtor!

10. Seeing school network from private network

11. Help me Please with Linux Peer-to-Peer networking please

12. Help - Network Card Not Seen

13. RH 5.1 Not seeing both Network cards, help!