Samba 2.0.3.x prompt...

Post by Ron van Middendor » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Samba 1.9.18.x to 2.0.3.x and now I get this weird
prompt when doing a smbmount to the Win98-box.
What's with this prompt? What can I do there?

All I want is to work with the files on the Win-Share, never got this prompt
before and I can't seem to find any info on it.
What am I missing?!

Kind regards,
Ron van Middendorp

Samba 2.0.3.x prompt...

Post by patrick puttema » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

the smbmount command changed entirely. Smbmount will now ask for your
username and passwd (if you didn't specify it at the command prompt) and
then leave you at a prompt
just type the mount command at this prompt ex: to mount a wfw share on mount
point /net:
smb> mount /net
You will then recieve the normal linux prompt once again and your wfw share
will be mounted on /net

Hope this helps ;o)

Patrick

>Hi,

>I recently upgraded from Samba 1.9.18.x to 2.0.3.x and now I get this weird
>prompt when doing a smbmount to the Win98-box.
>What's with this prompt? What can I do there?

>All I want is to work with the files on the Win-Share, never got this
prompt
>before and I can't seem to find any info on it.
>What am I missing?!

>Kind regards,
>Ron van Middendorp

Samba 2.0.3.x prompt...

Post by Ron van Middendor » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thank U;-))

> the smbmount command changed entirely. Smbmount will now ask for your
> username and passwd (if you didn't specify it at the command prompt) and
> then leave you at a prompt
> just type the mount command at this prompt ex: to mount a wfw share on
mount
> point /net:
> smb> mount /net
> You will then recieve the normal linux prompt once again and your wfw
share
> will be mounted on /net

> Hope this helps ;o)

> Patrick

> >Hi,

> >I recently upgraded from Samba 1.9.18.x to 2.0.3.x and now I get this
weird
> >prompt when doing a smbmount to the Win98-box.
> >What's with this prompt? What can I do there?

> >All I want is to work with the files on the Win-Share, never got this
> prompt
> >before and I can't seem to find any info on it.
> >What am I missing?!

> >Kind regards,
> >Ron van Middendorp

Samba 2.0.3.x prompt...

Post by Nicholas E Couchma » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Here is a command you can type to mount a Samba filesystem w/o any prompts,
besides passwords of course:
smbmount \\\\Server\\share -U username -W workgroup -c 'mount /mnt/samba'